Adrianne Brennan's Book Covers

Adrianne Brennan's books on Amazon.com

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Aphrodite's Apples is closing effective today.

Aphrodite's Apples, my publisher, is closing effective today.

What does this mean for me and my book? Here's a quick FAQ.

Q: Is there a way we can still buy your book?
A: Yes, there is. Fortunately unlike many, I bought a bunch of advance copies on CD directly from my publisher to resell at booksignings and events. Once Aphrodite's Apples closes, I will be selling them on my website for the price that they were on the website plus shipping, handling, and Paypal fees. They will be for sale while supplies last.

Q: Will you still be at the booksigning?
A: Yes, of course. Nothing changes that; I still have everything I need in order to be there--otherwise I wouldn't even be able to sell the books on my site.

Q: Can't you just put out your book yourself?
A: No, because I have no desire to be self-published.

Q: How about starting up your own company?
A: No. I want to be a writer, not a publisher.

Q: What publishing companies are you looking into?
A: There are a few that I've narrowed it down to, but unfortunately a few of them require that I have an original published work with them before I can take a reprint to them to be republished. It depends on what company I feel is best to represent my book and whether or not I have a chance at it going into print.

Q: When you get republished, will it be in print as well as ebook?
A: Depends on the publisher that takes it. Ideally, yes--even if down the road at some point depending on sales.

Q: What other writing projects do you have going on? What about that short story that was going into an AA anthology? Will you be submitting those elsewhere as well?
A: The short story will be expanded into a novella and sent off to another publisher. I also have another series in the works, the sequel to Blood of the Dark Moon in the works, plus other short stories that will be taking place in either universe of the series.

Like I said before to others, I'm trying to look at this as an opportunity, not a setback. It's more than likely I can get my book off to a really well grounded publishing company that could take it places. It's just what happens to it in the meantime and how long that will take that is the setback.


Love & Magic,
-A

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

When we talk about data conversion india has been a great place
to get those jobs done at a cheaper price.



Web Counter visitors since 8/2/2010
stats counter